Setting Up The Chromebit For Your TV Menu
Asus and Google have partnered to make a new device that we recommend and support for your TV display.
- It's $85, which is almost half the price of previously made comparable devices like the Chromebox.
- It's standalone and doesn't require a laptop/computer.
- It's a breeze to setup.
- Chromebit($~85) - no HDMI cable required. Purchase from Amazon Note: the Chromebit will most likely not be available at a local store. You will need to order it online and should be able to get it with 2-day shipping from Amazon.
- TV with HDMI port.
- Power outlet.
- Wifi network.
- Logitech MK270 Full-Size Wireless Keyboard and Mouse (~$20) - comes with all necessary batteries.
- Plug the USB bluetooth receiver into the Chromebit.
- Plug Chromebit into a power outlet.
- Plug Chromebit into the HDMI port on your TV.
- Turn TV on, and select corresponding HDMI input.
- Select your Wifi network and enter in the password.
- Login with a Gmail account (required).
- Open Chrome.
- Google "keep awake chrome" and add this extension (this will block screen savers).
- Google "clear cache chrome" and add this extension (this will allow you to clear your cache with one click when needed).
- Head to BeerMenus.com and go to your update menu page. Scroll down to where it says "TV Menus" and select the TV Menu profile name from the options. They might look something like belowFull screen the browser window by clicking F11 on the keyboard. You can also access full screen by clicking the full screen button in the Chrome "Zoom" options.
Call the helpline during regular business hours 347-927-1574, or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!