Setting Up The Chromebit For Your Digital Display
Asus and Google have partnered to make a new device that we recommend and support for your TV display.
- It's $85, which is almost half the price of previously made comparable devices like the Chromebox.
- It's standalone and doesn't require a laptop/computer.
- It's a breeze to setup.
- Chromebit($~85) - no HDMI cable required. Purchase from Amazon Note: the Chromebit will most likely not be available at a local store. You will need to order it online and should be able to get it with 2-day shipping from Amazon.
- TV with HDMI port.
- Power outlet.
- Wifi network.
- Logitech MK270 Full-Size Wireless Keyboard and Mouse (~$20) - comes with all necessary batteries.
- Plug the USB bluetooth receiver into the Chromebit.
- Plug Chromebit into a power outlet.
- Plug Chromebit into the HDMI port on your TV.
- Turn TV on, and select corresponding HDMI input.
- Select your Wifi network and enter in the password.
- Login with a Gmail account (required).
- Open Chrome.
- Google "keep awake chrome" and add this extension (this will block screen savers).
- Google "clear cache chrome" and add this extension (this will allow you to clear your cache with one click when needed).
- Google "full screen chrome extension" and add this extension (it will remove scroll bars). After you install it hit the Clear Cache button to remove the scroll
- Go to beermenus.com and login, go to your business page and add /menu/digital at the end of the url ( ex. https://www.beermenus.com/places/24868-crafty-crafty-craft/menu/digital) Select the "view" button beneath the display you would like:
- Full screen the browser window by clicking the new full screen extension button on the far right of your browser.
Schedule a call with one our AV experts to go over the setup.